Hello all of my Fundraising Superheroes, especially my friends that I met at the Arizona Association of Fundraising Professionals Conference on July 19 and July 20, 2017 in Tucson, AZ.
What a fantastic day filled with fellowship, fundraising best practices and FUN all culminating with the World Premier of Fundraiser: The Musical presented by Call To Auction (YouTube Video coming soon!)
- Prepare your donors: Let donors know that you will be conducting an Ask and that they can give at a level that is inspirational to them
- Set the Stage: Great lighting, mood, video, etc. to get all guests focused
- Tell a short story: An individual from your organization that has been directly effected by the funds is usually the best person to tell a 100 second story.
- Make the Ask: Have your professional fundraiser make that ask, sincerely, graciously and powerfully to inspire the giving.
- Collect the funds: Make sure every guest has a giving card/bid paddle to make it easy for them to give emotionally
- Celebrate the success: Woohoo!!! You just raised a ton of money, let your guests now donors know that you love them
- Say Thank You: At the event and after the event. Let all those that gave a big “Thank You” and messaging where their dollars are going and who they are impacting