Prior, Proper, Planning
I was trained by my parents about the seven P’s:
Prior Proper Planning Prevents P!$$ Poor Performance. (Sorry about the foul language, but I think you get my point)
When you give yourself, your team and your event the proper prior planning it deserves, you set yourselves up for success! By taking the time to do it right, you will create an event that will make your guests and donors feel welcomed, let them have fun, be educated, enjoy giving and want to come back next year with more friends. For you and your team, it will be a minimally stressful event, with few hiccups, plenty of laughs and big dollar returns. Below are some points that you need to think about and get covered before you even send out the “Save the Date” cards.
- Who is in charge of the Check in/out process?
- Who will pre-swipe Credit Cards?
- How and why do you assign bidder numbers?
- How many silent auction items and how to display them?
- How many live auction items, how to display them and when to sell them?
- Raffle items, raffle tickets, when do you give them away, how do you sell them?
- Will you have a Fund-A-Need? Where to put in program, what are you raising money for, who will do the asking?
- Will you be utilizing a professional fundraising auction team?
- How are you going to excite, engage and inspire donors to give more than ever?
These are just a few questions you need to ask yourself and your team about your next upcoming event the sooner the better. If you have any questions or would like help planning your next record-breaking event, please don’t hesitate to send me an email at email@example.com or call me directly at +855-GO-GAVEL.
What are some things that you’ve found have helped you the most in your planning process that made your event run smoother than butter?
Leave a Comment